Hi everyone and happy Thursday, we are almost to the weekend!
Here are the details for my outfit of the day. I love any excuse to wear pink pants and this color is my favorite! These pants can be worn year-round, even in Fall, with boots or booties.
My pants come in five different colors and they are on sale for 50% off at New York and Company. I just might have to get the green ones.
My top is from Dressbarn and it comes in a couple of different styles. I love this black and pink style and it’s under $50! Use code 20FALLFASH for 20% off your order.
Today, I wanted to do a fun post with facts about me so you can learn more about me!
- I’ve wanted to start a blog for a while and then I met one of my favorite bloggers, Lynlee Poston, and she inspired me to finally start it. Thank you, Lynlee for all of your awesome advice! If y’all aren’t following her, you should be. Her content is amazing and she has the best outfits. I’ve only written a couple of posts so far, but I am really enjoying it.
- I was born in Santa Monica, California and moved to Texas when I was 7. I am definitely still a California girl at heart with my blonde hair and love for the beach, but I do love living in Texas – even with the crazy and unpredictable weather. Speaking of, when is it going to get cold so I can wear my fall clothes? I bought a new vest that I am dying to wear and it’s just sitting in the closet, waiting. I will share a picture when I do. Are you guys ready for fall?
- Growing up, I spent every weekend at Hollister and Abercrombie, which probably started my love for fashion and shopping. My parents used to drop my friends and I at the mall and we would spend the whole day looking at clothes. I bought something new every weekend. Anyone remember Hollister and Abercrombie days: Hollister was so dark, you could barely see the clothes and Abercrombie always smelled so good. Miss those days!
- I have two degrees in Communications and Emerging Media and Communication (Digital Marketing). I am a Digital Marketer by day and a blogger by night. It’s seriously the best of both worlds and I love it!
- I am a newlywed; I got married 3 months ago! I’ve been with my husband for five years. We met after college through mutual friends and we met at the perfect time. I had just moved back to Dallas and we were both working full time and going to graduate school. Our mutual love of UT football didn’t hurt either.
- I can’t cook but I’m slowly learning. My husband can’t cook either so we’ve been learning together and it’s been more fun than I expected. We have only started 1 small fire! We received a ton of new kitchen gadgets and appliances from our wedding registry, so we have been learning to use them. The instant pot and crockpot have been our favorites so far. If you have any easy recipes, let me know!
- I love any book with suspense. I recently read The Girl on the Train and Gone Girl. Both were wonderful and I recently discovered John Grisham. His books are full of suspense and I don’t want to put them down.
- I’m a sucker for any reality TV show. I’ll even tell my husband, “don’t worry, I am not going to watch this new show” and there I am 5 episodes later. My favorites are anything on Bravo (Vanderpump Rules, The Real Housewives, Don’t be Tardy), The Bachelor/Bachelorette (especially Bachelor in Paradise) and any show on E! (Total divas, Eric & Jessie, The Cromarties and now, Evan and Ashley).
- I love traveling; I wish we were able to do it more. Thanks to all my friends having destination weekends, we’ve gotten the chance to travel, but now we get to do it for fun! Although there is never enough vacation time for traveling 😉 We’ve recently been to Greece, Jamaica and New York. Our next adventure will probably be to Colorado or California (I really need to visit Tom Tom and Sur restaurants).
5. I’m Greek! I don’t know any Greek, but my dad is fluent and my mom makes the best Greek food. Last year, my husband surprised me with a trip to Greece and it was amazing! The food, the language, the fashion, I loved it all! We had the best time – the food and views were incredible. There is actually a Greek food festival in Dallas this weekend at The Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox church. There will be live music and dancing, great food, cooking demos, great dessert and more.
My outfit style:
- I absolutely love sparkle, as my blog name reveals. Sparkle on dresses, shirts, jewelry, shoes, etc. I think I get this from my momma 🙂 You will see a lot of sparkle on my blog. On my wedding day, I wore two different sparkling shoes. During the day, while getting ready, I wore these beautiful Kate Spade x Keds sneakers and they are one of my favorite pairs. I wear them all the time now! They also come in a couple of different colors and they are under $100.
2. I love any business casual look. Most of the outfits I share will be business casual. A good look that you can wear to work and then happy hour with your friends. My favorite stores are Charming Charlie, DSW, New York & Company, Dressbarn, Express, Kohls and Kendra Scott, just to name a few!
3. I love any good sale and I always try to use coupons. I will share budget-friendly outfits under $100. My favorite stores (mentioned above) always have the best deals too!
Hope you enjoyed reading!
Sparkling in Style