Italian sausage bow tie pasta
• 1 pkg. (12 oz.) bow tie pasta
• 1 lb. Italian sausage
• 1 can (28 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
• 1 and 1/2 cups heavy cream
• 1-2 tsp salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion flakes
• 2 tbsp olive oil (optional)
• 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
• 1 cup spinach leaves cut (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
2. In a skillet add the olive oil and then the sausage. Add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and garlic powder. Cook on medium-high heat until browned.
3. Add onion flakes and cook until tender.
4. Add the tomatoes and heavy cream.
5. Simmer until the mixture thickens, around 10 min.
6. Optional – add the spinach and cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
7. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and cook an additional 10 to 15 min, stir occasionally.
Serve hot and enjoy!
Cream cheese pesto chicken and tortellini
• 1-2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
• 1 lb. cheese tortellini
• 8 oz cream cheese
• 1/3 cup pesto
• 1 cup mozzarella cheese
• 1-2 tsp salt pepper, garlic powder
1. Mix the softened cream cheese and pesto together.
2. Preheat oven to 375 and lay chicken breasts flat on baking dish. Cut slits into chicken and add salt, pepper and garlic powder.
3. Top the chicken with the cream cheese and pesto mix (put any leftover mix on the side).
4. Top chicken with 1 or more cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
6. Cook the tortellini according to package directions and drain.
7. Pour the remaining cream cheese and pesto mix in the tortellini.
Serve hot, pair with a caesar salad and enjoy!